this 30-minute chicken pasta recipe makes a great weeknight dinner when you’ve been running late, everyone’s banging their forks on the table, and you’re in an obvious rush to get dinner going. and all of the few ingredients needed are probably in your pantry and fridge/freezer: chicken, green pepper, onion, pasta, tomato sauce, & cheese. the next best thing is that you don’t have to cook the pasta separately – it cooks in the pan with the rest of it…a one-pot meal! what a fast, easy, healthy, and homemade dinner!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. cook chicken for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. add green peppers and onions. cook 5 minutes more.
- add 1½ water. bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low. stir in pasta, making sure all the pasta is covered with liquid. cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- stir in sauce. sprinkle with cheese and cover. reduce heat to low. continue cooking until cheese is melted and everything is warmed through, about 5 minutes.