Delicious all bran muffins – makes 1 gallon of batter.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups buttermilk
- raisins or blueberries, optional
- in a medium bowl, combine shortening, all-bran, and boiling water. set aside to cool.
- in a large bowl, beat eggs and gradually beat in sugar. beat well. add cooled all-bran mixture, mixing well.
- in a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. add raisins or blueberries, if using. add flour mixture to bran mixture alternately with buttermilk. spoon into un-greased muffin tins. bake at 400F for 20-30 minutes for regular-sized muffins, or for 10-12 minutes for mini muffins.
- store unused batter in an airtight container in
fridgefor 6-8 weeks. when using, do not stir – just spoon carefully into muffin cups.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Snack