- 6 slices New York Brand® Texas Garlic Toast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 (15.8 oz) cans white beans
- 6 cups chicken stock
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake New York Brand® Texas Garlic Toast according to package directions. Cool and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon bits.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans and stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Carefully puree half of soup in small batches, returning it to soup pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer New York Brand® Texas Garlic Toast pieces to a Dutch oven or a large deep ovenproof baking dish. Pour soup over bread and bake 30 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.