- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ (or wheat bran)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- your favorite dried fruits
- in a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, coconut, and sunflower kernels. mix well.
- in a microwaveable bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, salt, and milk. microwave for approx 30 seconds until honey is soft enough to stir. pour over oats mixture and stir to combine.
- pour mixture onto un-greased cookie sheet in an even layer (you might need 2 cookie sheets). bake for 1 hour at 275. stir occasionally.
mixtureis done baking, remove from oven and cool. add in dried fruit and stir to combine. store in an air-tight container for approx 1 week. enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour