- 1/4 margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can
dicedtomatoes (do not drain)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked parboiled rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. melt margarine in a 9×13 pan. mix flour, paprika, poultry seasoning and pepper in a large
ziplocbag. drop chicken in the bag one at a time and shake to coat. place chicken on top of the melted margarine in the pan and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- next, combine the chicken broth, tomatoes (with
theirliquid), salt and pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- stir together the rest of the ingredients: rice, celery, green pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- remove the chicken from the pan. put the rice mixture in the pan and top with the chicken. pour the tomato mixture over all. bake uncovered for another 45 minutes. enjoy!