- for the dough:
- 4–5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages dry yeast (4.5 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- for the filling:
- melted butter for spreading
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- for the icing:
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 Teaspoons hot water
- to make the dough:
- mix together 1 3/4 cups flour, yeast, and salt. set aside.
- in a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter, and sugar over med-low heat until it reaches 120-130F, stirring constantly. pour into the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- add egg and 1/2 cup flour and beat for another 2 minutes.
- gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough (probably cup or two).
- knead dough. cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- once dough has risen, roll out into a rectangle, approx 1/4″ thick. spread melted butter over top, and sprinkle filling
overtop, leaving a 1/2″ border all the way around.
- to make the filling:
- combine brown sugar and cinnamon. (double amounts, if necessary, to cover the area.)
- roll the dough as for a jelly roll, keeping it as tight as possible. when you get to the end, pinch the dough along the top and cut into 12 rounds, using a knife or bench scraper. place rolls on a greased pan and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. let cool slightly, then top with glaze.
- to make glaze:
- combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and hot water and stir until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins