- for the rhubarb filling:
- 2–2 1/2 pounds rhubarb, sliced into 1/2” pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- for the topping:
- 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not the quick-cooking kind)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- in a large bowl, combine the sliced rhubarb, 2/3 cup of sugar, and 3 tablespoons flour. place in an ungreased 3-quart baking dish. set aside.
- in another large bowl, make the crisp topping by adding the oats, flour, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. cut the butter into small cubes and place in the bowl. using a pastry cutter (or two butter knives), work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. stir in the chopped pecans.
- spread the topping over the rhubarb mixture, making sure to cover completely. bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes, until the crisp topping is golden brown and the rhubarb is bubbly around the edges. serve warm from the oven, or cool to room temperature, and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins