- for the gravy:
- 1 pound sausage
- 7–8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2.5–3 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- for the biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, cold
- 1 cup milk
- gravy – in a large skillet, cook sausage until browned. do not drain. stir in flour and heat through. add milk until desired consistency is reached. add salt and pepper and let simmer 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
- biscuits – in a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. cube vegetable shortening and add to the flour mixture. cut in the shortening using a pastry cutter or two butter knives. add milk and stir just until mixed. if
doughis too dry, add a little more milk. roll dough on a floured surface to a 1/2″ thickness. using the top of a round glass or a biscuit cutter, cut and place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet ( ijust use a little extra shortening to grease the baking sheet). bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. enjoy them piping hot! makes 12 biscuits.