Homemade banana bread recipe – a healthy snack great for a number of different settings.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (approx. 3)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Butter a loaf pan, or 3 mini loaf pans, and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, and beat. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the butter mixture. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and mix to combine. If using nuts or chocolate chips, stir them in with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 350. If using a regular-size loaf pan, bake 1 hour & 10 minutes. If using mini loaf pans, bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool slightly before turning out onto cooling racks. Spread on some butter and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Snack