there’s nothing like a hot day in july, spent camping with family in the great outdoors, roasting hot dogs, and toasting marshmallow for s’mores.
unfortunately, i don’t camp. and neither does my husband. and we don’t own a tent. or a fire pit.
but we didn’t want to miss out on all the s’mores goodness that summer has to offer. so…we opted for these s’mores brownies.
they are fudgey. and they are chewier and more indulgent than the ones you make over the fire. and the best part is that you don’t have to spend too much time outside in the sun (or next to the bugs) to make them.
and as a bonus, just use the toppings and mix them together – you’ve got the best trail mix a kid (or adult) could ask for!
and don’t worry if summer seems too short to fit these in as many times as you would like to. during those long winter months when you are longing for a taste of summer, whip up a batch of these s’mores brownies and imagine yourself camping in the woods telling spooky stories by the campfire. and swatting at bugs.Print
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: a lot
- 1 (21.5 oz) package brownie mix
- 6 graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz milk chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- preheat oven to 350. prepare brownie mix according to package directions. spread into a greased foil-lined 9×13 pan.
- in a medium bowl, break graham crackers into 1-inch pieces and toss with mini marshmallows and milk chocolate. set s’more mixture aside.
- bake brownies for 15 minutes. remove from oven, and sprinkle the s’more mix evenly over the top. bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. allow brownies to cool before cutting into squares. enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
Julie Romans says
Oh my goodness! So super yummy looking. I just bought all the ingredients to make smores over the campfire. Thinking now I’ll just do this. Looks a lot easier and messier too!
Becky Olsen says
So excited about this recipe! It’s our new favorite and I look forward to making it all the time! YUM!
definitely for YW camp next summer! thanks