this is one of my family’s favorite salad recipes. i could personally eat it all week long! i’m always so disappointed when it’s gone.
it’s really easy to make and it’s great for putting together earlier in the day – the longer it sits in the fridge the day you’re going to eat it, the better it tastes. and it’s also the perfect thing to serve when you’re having guests over because it actually makes a decent amount of salad. we’ve served it as a side at barbecues, but it’s hearty enough to be eaten as dinner all on it’s own. serve with rolls, and you’re got an easy, made-ahead dinner for a busy weeknight.
here’s what you need:
hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
here’s the recipe:Print
chicken & bacon pasta salad / with homemade dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freeze dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts (rotisserie, baked, grilled – whatever your favorite way to eat chicken is)
- 1 (12oz) package rotini pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
- mix dressing ingredients; set aside.
- cook chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. cook pasta and drain with cold water. cook bacon and cut into pieces.
- mix dressing with pasta and add remaining ingredients. toss to combine.
OOOOH this looks wonderful! Will be making it asap.
Looks so good. I’m excited to Try!