these are my mom’s mini cheesecakes. she’s actually kinda famous for them in the area where i grew up. i cannot even count the number of times she’s been asked to bring them to church activities, weddings, open houses, meetings, dances, etc. which goes to show you that they’re not just for christmas (though they certainly are festive-looking, no?! – we always have them on our food/snack table over the christmas holidays.)
not only do they look fabulous, they also taste just as great! and as an added bonus, they don’t take a lot of time and are easy to make. they only require a few ingredients:
-nilla wafers, cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, vanilla, cherry or blueberry pie filling
not a lot of ingredients, right?! well, let me show you how easy they are to make!:
1. place a nilla wafer in each of 12 medium-sized muffin liners, flat side down.
2. next, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. distribute cream cheese mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
4. bake! when they’re done, they’ll look like this:
5. let them cool down. you can put them all on a plate and let them cool in the fridge if you want it done faster.
note: if my mom is making a ton of these for an event, i know she freezes them at this stage. when she’s ready to use them, she pulls them out of the freezer and puts the topping on. they’ll be thawed/ready to eat by the time guests arrive.
6. the last thing you need to do, once they’ve cooled off, is to add on your favorite topping – my mom always uses either cherry or blueberry pie filling. those two also happen to be my favorites.
7. keep chilled. they always taste better and have a better texture that way.
oh, just look how cute they are! and they’re simple to make, right?! hope you enjoy them!Print