summer is my favorite season. it’s hot out, we can wear flip-flops, and we get to eat all the amazing outdoor summer food we want (right?!).
this is one of our favorite potato salad recipes. i always make it on a summer holiday like memorial day or the 4th of july because it goes along so great with whatever outdoor meal i have planned. philly cheese steaks, anyone?
the best part about this recipe is that it’s a cinch to put together. all you need are potatoes (red are my favorite, with the skins ON), hard-boiled eggs, cream, sour cream, miracle whip, green onions, s&p, celery seed, garlic powder, sugar, mustard, and vinegar. and if you’re like me, you’ll also want to add in a couple chopped dill pickles and/or sliced celery!
after boiling and chopping the potatoes and peeling and chopping the eggs, all you need to do is throw is throw everything else in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours. it doesn’t have to be complicated to be good!
so when the weather’s hot outside, you’ve got a nice, cool potato salad to share with all your family and friends! here’s the recipe:
- 6 red potatoes
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup miracle whip
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (optional)
- 2 dill pickles, chopped (optional)
- boil the potatoes in skins until easily pierced with a fork. peel (or not) and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- peel and chop the eggs and add to potatoes.
- add pickles and celery, if using.
- in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the potatoes and eggs. stir to coat well. refrigerate for a couple hours before eating.