there are a lot of variations on layered dips out there, but this recipe is my favorite. not only is it very simple to prep and put together, but it requires only a few basic ingredients, everyone loves it, and it feeds a crowd! (you can also try this simple 3 ingredient homemade guacamole if you’re in the mood for another type of dip!)
it really only requires you to open a can or package, chop some tomatoes, slice some scallions, grate some cheddar cheese, and then layer everything in a baking dish. it doesn’t get much easier than that!
the seven layers of this dip are these:
1. 1 can refried beans
2. 1 package guacamole
3. 1 x 16oz carton sour cream, mixed with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
4. 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
5. 1-2 chopped roma tomatoes
6. 1 small can sliced black olives
7. 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
just layer those ingredients in that order in a 9×9 (the layers will be thicker) or a 9×13 glass pan/baking dish. even a pie plate would work! serve with tortilla chips, and you’ve got a dip that will be gone in no time!
here’s the really easy recipe that is perfect for parties and get-togethers, or just a fun weekend snack for the family to munch on!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package guacamole
- 1 16oz carton sour cream + 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning and set aside. in a 9x9" or 9x13" glass dish, layer the refried beans, guacamole, sour cream mixture. sprinkle on grated cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, black olives, and sliced scallions (green onions).
- serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!