here’s another soup recipe we’ve made recently. it really is just like a baked potato with all the fixins, but in soup form! it tastes cheesy, and creamy, and ranch-y (that’s not a word, but you know what i mean). and when you add bacon into the equation, you know it’s gonna be good!!
it takes a little bit of prep, especially since you need to bake the potatoes ahead of time, but it’s well worth it! regardless of time, the best part is that it really doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to make, and you probably have most if not all of them at home already. oh, and i’m giving you the recipe with the full amount of basil that the recipe usually calls for, but if you’re not a huge fan of basil, feel free to take it down a notch.
- 4-6 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅔ cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups half & half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese + more for garnish
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Mash 2 of the potatoes and keep the rest of them cubed. Saute the onion in the grease from the cooked bacon. Add the flour and chicken broth slowly and whisk until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cheese and sour cream. Serve hot and garnish with extra cheese, bacon, and green onions. Enjoy!