a few weeks ago, i posted my family’s favorite way to eat broccoli – roasted, of course. it’s delicious! i also mentioned in that post that i had bought a humongous bag of broccoli from costco. here’s one of the ways we used it up: chicken divan. this recipe is not only delicious, but it is super easy to make and is really filling. it’s perfect for a weeknight family dinner.
all you need is: cooked chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, curry, and cheese.
easy peasy! (as my kid would say.)
follow this easy recipe to see just how simple it is to get a good meal on the table for your family, any day of the week!
NB the picture shows the amounts i used for half the recipe…since we have a small family! whether you have a small or large family, i hope you enjoy your chicken divan!
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 to 3 heads broccoli
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon curry (or up to 2 teaspoons, to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs, or ritz crackers, crumbled
- cooked rice, for serving
- cut broccoli into florets and steam until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. place broccoli in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. in a large bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, curry, cheese and shredded chicken. pour chicken mixture over broccoli and top with a sprinkle of bread crumbs or crushed ritz crackers. bake at 400 for 30 minutes. serve over rice.