i need to share this recipe for overnight monkey bread with you all because a) it was so super easy to make, b) it made itself overnight – all i had to do was bake it in the morning, and c) my kids devoured it!!! it is so good. there is nothing like having a super yummy breakfast – that you don’t have to spend your time putting together early in the morning. it just makes it taste that much better, i think!
here are the steps:
(top to bottom, left to right)
1. gather your very few, easy ingredients: frozen dinner rolls, small box of cook and serve butterscotch pudding, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. can’t get easier than that! (psst – you don’t even have to prepare the pudding!!)
2. place frozen dinner rolls into a bundt pan.
3. sprinkle the rolls with butterscotch pudding.
4. melt butter and pour over top.
5. sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. cover with plastic wrap and let set over night.
7. go to bed.
that’s seriously all you have to do! and in the morning, just wake up, pop it in the oven, then eat! and when you flip it out onto a huge plate you will want to catch every last drop of the syrup it makes – i promise, it tastes really good!! enjoy it!
here’s the full recipe and instructions:
- 24 frozen dinner rolls
- 1 small box cook and serve butterscotch pudding
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- place frozen dinner rolls into a bundt pan. sprinkle with butterscotch pudding. melt butter and pour over top. sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- in the morning, preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes. (put a cookie underneath to catch any drips.) remove from oven and turn over onto a plate big enough to catch all the gooey syrup that will spill out of the bundt pan.