this is one of my favorite things to make. and to eat. and not only do i love it, but my kids go crazy for it! they hurry over to help make it just so they can lick the spoons. and they can hardly contain themselves at dinnertime – they eat their food so fast when they know this is waiting for them! (need a good bargaining chip? this is it!)
not only does it have just 4 ingredients (and all 4 are staple ingredients in my house), but you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it. just mix by hand and freeze. and you won’t believe how easy and fast it is to make:
1. get your 4 ingredients: whipping cream, butter (only 3 tablespoons, not the whole stick – don’t worry!), sweetened condensed milk, and nutella.
2. whip the cream. meanwhile, combine the sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, and nutella in a large bowl until well combined and uniform in color. when the cream is done being whipped, fold it into the nutella mixture. the following picture just makes me so happy.
3. keep folding it in until it looks nice and smooth, like this:
and there you have it! put it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. or you could eat it now – it’s just like mousse. a rich, delicious, creamy mousse, mind you. i confess to having eaten it before the frozen stage a few times. i also confess to having eaten the whole batch by myself before anyone even knew it was there. i hope you enjoy it as much as i do!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup nutella
- whip the cream in a large bowl. meanwhile, combine the sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, and nutella in a separate large bowl. mix well.
- fold the cream into the nutella mixture.
- freeze in a freezer-safe container for 6ish hours. enjoy!