Get comfortable because this is the most extensive list of resources and ideas for conference activities for kids out there. (A lot of these can be used for family home evenings as well.)
I’ve pinned as much of this stuff as possible on my General Conference Pinterest board.
Please email me at livecrafteat at gmail dot com or leave a comment for anything that I’ve missed and I’ll add it to the list. I’ll be updating this every 6 months to keep it as current and robust as possible.
I love General Conference. Each year I really do look forward to the first weekend of April and October respectively to hear the leaders of the LDS church speak. I also love kids. But in all honesty sometimes the combination of these two things makes both miserable. How to entertain kids for 8 hours (not counting 2 hours while my husband is at the Priesthood session) during general conference is no small order. And I only have 2! For some it’s double or triple the work. With this in mind I wanted to create the ultimate resource list of General Conference activities for kids.
I’ve split it into six sections:
- Resources: These are the best online resource sites for conference activities out there. These include posts similar to this one as well as sites dedicated only to entertaining kids during Conference.
- Games/Activity Ideas: A list of game and activity ideas for children including links to pictures and tutorials.
- Booklets and Packets: Browse through this list of the General Conference activity packets and booklets found across the internet.
- Baskets and Kits: Browse through this list of the General Conference baskets and kits.
- General Conference Notebooks
- General Conference Pinterest Boards
***Updated March 31, 2021***
Check out these other free printable resources from Live Craft Eat for General Conference!
Article of Faith Coloring Pages
Temples of the World Word Searches
Best Resources – In No Particular Order
Official Resource from the LDS Church
This is the Church’s official resource. It includes on and offline matching games, coloring templates, and even a conference bingo game (“Conference Squares”) for kids to mark off as they hear speakers mention certain Gospel topics or people. In addition to this, I would highly recommend the Church’s article on Preparing Our Children for General Conference – there are some good ideas and thoughts written there.
This is About.com’s section of General Conference children’s activities. They actually have a LONG LIST of printables and activities for the kids to play during General Conference. These games include bingo, flash cards, word searches and much more.
LDS Living Resource List (and here!)
LDS Living has a post from earlier this year that features some creative kids’ activities for Conference from other bloggers in the Mormon blogosphere.
Michelle at A Little Tipsy has some very creative ideas including a bracelet and sundae based on what speakers say and even a temple memory game, and a compilation of “15 LDS General Conference Activities”
Emilie at A Year of FHE has a couple of great lists of 15 Conference activities for kids including kits & packets, a conference journal, bingo, coloring pages and printables.
A great list of resources including treat buckets, LDS Jenga, guessing games and more.
Sugar Doodle, of course, has a long list of General Conference Ideas – from Family Home Evening to Music Time Ideas and everywhere in between.
This site has various activities for General Conference including Crosswords, YW and Activity Day Ideas, and Workbooks.
A fun list of free printable games for General Conference.
a list of 32 games and printables for general conference – for the whole family!
List of Kids Activities and Games For General Conference
The list below includes games – word searches, bingo, coloring, matching, memory – , activities, educational hints and tips, counsel from authorities on general conference and everything in between.
- General Authority Bingo – 8 different cards as well as printable faces here, apostle bingo (& matching) game
- General Conference Bingo – Latter-Day Chatter, Johnson Family, Melonheadz, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, general conference personal progress bingo, here, here, several bingo options here, here, LDS.org Conference Squares bingo sheets
- Word Searches – latter-day prophet, book or mormon, articles of faith word searches + more topics, general conference word search, here, mini word search booklet, temples around the world, temple word searches
- Fill-in-the Blanks – here
- Dot-to-Dot Activities – various dot to dot printables, here
- File Folder Activities – “my conference notes”
- Prophets & Apostles Matching Games – how-to make your own,, Matching Game or “Go Fish”, prophets and apostles cards, Apostle memory game
- Apostle Identifying & Matching Games – here, here, here, here, General Conference “Who’s Who?”
- Temple Matching Game – here
- LDS Matching Games – here
- Draw The Speaker activity – here, male and female speakers here
- Coloring Pages – LDS Church, LDS Clipart, A Year of FHE, LDS Coloring Pages, really cute LDS coloring pages, October GC Coloring Page, April GC Coloring Page, Easter General Conference coloring page, A Little Tipsy, Autumn Conference Coloring Word Sheet, list of coloring pages from lds.org, color-by-number, Religious Doodles, here, CTR coloring page, “my gospel ABC’s“, i can show heavenly father i love him, peace be still, color by number, Book of Mormon coloring book, articles of faith word art, general authority coloring pages/matching games, here, here, here, LDS.org Pearl of Great Price printable coloring book,
- Fact sheets – CTR coloring page, here
- Quizzes – General Conference Trivia Game, Conference Questions Jar, General Conference Questionnaire, Who Am I?, General Conference Quiz Sheet
- Treat Ideas – candy jars, candy game, here
- Sundae Game – here, here, here
- Bracelet Game – here
- Conference Jenga – Little LDS Ideas,
- Dry Erase Activities – a binder full of ideas here
- Guessing Games – statistical report guessing game and more,
- Flash Cards – prophets & apostles
- Lacing Cards here, Creative Homemakers, here, alphabet lacing cards, here
- Activity Bags – here, here, here (preschool), here (toddler), nursery-age, here
- Note Taking Templates – for older children, Questions & Answers Note Sheet, for writers & drawers
- Conference Train – build a train when hearing certain words
- Conference Reverence Tent – here, here
- Conference Walls – here, here, here, here
- Conference Socks – here
- File Folder Games – Little Family Fun
- Quiet Books – This Little Project, Creative Homemaker, Just Sweet and Simple, Grey Square Designs, Simply Fresh Designs
- Conference Breakfast ideas – Conference Pancakes
- General Conference Countdown – here, here
- Preparing for Conference – here
- General Conference Pillow & Blanket – here & here
- General Conference Magic Carpets – here
- General Conference Door Sign – here
- “C” is for Conference (Conference ideas starting with the letter “C”) – here
- General Conference Easter Egg Hunt – here
- General Conference FHE ideas – here, here, here, my personal inventory, preparing for general conference
- General Conference Tree – here
- General Conference Trail Mix Activities – here, here
- Hidden Pictures – here, here
- General Conference Paper Doll Set – here
- Conference Watches – here
- Prophet Box – here
- General Conference Headbands game – here
- Lego Temple – here
- Popsicle Stick Puzzles – here
- Magnetic Games for kids – here
- Guess the Apostle – General Conference “Who’s Who?” sheet
- Questions for Conference – here, “Question and Answer” sheets, “why do we have General Conference?”
- General Conference Countdown Activities – here, here, here
- General Conference Motivators – here
- LDS Origami Projects – here, here
- General Conference Basketball – here
- General Conference Guess Who Game – here
- Dinner with Latter-day Apostles idea – here
- Conference Dominoes Game – here
- General Conference Snack Mix – here
- Conference Center Gingerbread House – here
- General Conference Froot Loop necklace – here
- “Feast Upon the Words of Christ” Cereal Boxes idea – here
- General Conference “I Spy” Games – little LDS ideas, here, here, I Spy game
- Value Study Guide for YW – here
- Bookmarks – “Get more out of Conference”
- Handouts – “Stop, Study, Start” post-it notes idea,
- General Conference study guide (for after Conference) – here
- General Conference treasure map game – here
- Youth General Conference Paperclip prep – here
- “Say What?” General Conference Game – here
- Goodie Bags/Handouts – here
- General Conference Lego Game – here
- 13th Article of Faith Sudoku Puzzle – here
- General Conference Messages of Prophets and Apostles – free printable poster here
- Make an “I Can Be Reverent Booklet” – here
- Build a Paper Temple – free printable temple template
General Conference Booklets & Packets For Kids
The Mormon Home – General Conference Photo Books
The Red Headed Hostess – General Conference Doodle Flip Book
LDS.org – Conference Notebook
Over the Big Moon – General Conference Packet for School-Age Kids
LDS Lane – General Conference mini books
Fluffy Bunny Feet Designs – General Conference Packets for Primary Kids
I Candy Handmade – a dry erase binder full of ideas
The Red Headed Hostess – Note-Taking Packet
Crystal Shares – Conference Pre-school age Journal
Deseret Book – My Conference Booklet
Magnify = Simplify – General Conference Packet
Just One Mom Trying – Activity Packet for Nursery
Mormon Cartoonist – October 2015 General Conference Activity Packet
Book of Mormon Discovery – Learn about President Monson Packet
Confessions of a Slacker Mom – LDS Preschool Curriculum Activities
LDS Bookstore – 2013 General Conference Activity Packet
Prepared LDS Family – Activity Notebook for Primary Kids
Life’s Journey to Perfection – General Conference Printable for Primary
The Personal Progress Helper – General Conference Value Project Notebook for YW
Five Little Chefs – Get to Know the LDS Apostles Conference Packet
Brightly Street – General Conference Speaker Packet
Life’s Journey to Perfection – Before, During, & After General Conference Packet
LDS.org – Scripture Stories coloring and activity book
Somewhat Simple – Activity Packet for kids
Heap a Hoopla – Junior & Senior Primary packets
General Conference Activity Packet – Mormon Cartoonist (this is the April 2018 packet, but according to his website the October packet should be updated by September 24th)
Kiki Comin – Free General Conference Games
General Conference Baskets & Kits For Kids
Snippets and Pretties – General Conference Kit
Somewhat Simple – General Conference Goody Crate
YW Believe – General Conference Kit
A Bushel and a Peck – Come Hear a Prophet’s Voice
Blue Skies Ahead – Don’t Let One Minute of Conference Go To “Waste”
Creativity, Musings & Such – Activity Baskets
Johnson Family – Conference Basket Ideas
Inkablinka – General Conference Basket
We Love Being Moms – General Conference Basket for kids
Then We Made – YW General Conference Kit
General Conference Notebooks
A Lively Hope – General Conference Doodle Notebook
Cookie Nut Creations – notebook
Prepared Not Scared – binder cover
A Bushel and a Peck – Conference Journals
Live Craft Eat – dollar-store notebook re-done, make a cute journal/notebook from a cereal box, general conference activity board, matchbook notebooks
A Day in My Life – General Conference Journal
LDS Nest – Conference Journal Cards
LDS Lane – General Conference Doodle Notebook
Blog Lovin – Labels for Notebooks
Fab N Free – Printable note pages for General Conference
LDS.org – General Conference Notebook
Little LDS Ideas – General Conference Notes Sheets
LDS.org General Conference Notebook for Youth – General Conference Notebook: Your Guide to Prepare for and Learn from General Conference
Pinterest Boards With General Conference Activities
- Confessions Of A Slacker Mom
- Connie Smith
- Amy Nielson
- Rhonda Stuart
- Live Craft Eat
- Jocelyn Christensen
- Sarah Slacker Mom
Let me know in the comments and at (info at livecrafteat dot com) what I’ve missed so I can add it! We appreciate all the talented people who make all these activities and ideas available for us to use!!
Wow x a zillion kate
Thank you for sharing your printable with all of us!
Thank you so much for this wonderful resource! You’ve helped me get prepared for a wonderful Conference weekend. One question: I’ve searched and searched for the black and white BINGO board that is featured on the bottom of the header page. It’s illustrated pictures in squares. I can’t seem to find it! Could someone direct me? Thanks!
Hi Amy! Thanks so much for your comment. And I can totally help you out with the BINGO cards! Here is the link: http://melonheadsldsillustrating.blogspot.com/2012/03/designed-by-cheri.html. I had her entire site under “coloring pages” but will add this specific post of hers to the BINGO section. Thanks!! Enjoy Conference this weekend 🙂
Have a great Conference weekend, Liz!
Wonderful resources! What a great help for families! Thanks!
Thanks for your comment, Ann! Have a great Conference weekend!
There is so much here it’s overwhelming!
Could you direct me to a few for really young kids (aka “the crayon eaters”)?
When my kids were that age, I used a lot of snacks to help keep them busy! Cheerios, fruit snacks, pretzels, etc. and it seemed to be the thing that kept them occupied the longest! But other than that, I would suggest the coloring pages (#12 under the list of Kids Activities and Games), also, look under #24 in the same section – you’ll probably find quite a few activities for younger children to keep them happy for a while!
Wow, this info is amazing! Thanks for all your hard work compiling it together. Hopefully it helps.
Wow! What an amazing list of ideas! This will keep ME very busy too! 🙂 Thanks for all the work you’ve done gathering all this info.
Thanks, Mindy! Hope you enjoy your Conference weekend!
Thanks for including my ideas! What a great roundup of incredible ideas!!!
thank YOU for letting all of us use your great ideas! 🙂
Becky Olsen says
Thank you sooo much!!!
Thank you! My daughter is only 1 so I haven’t watched conference with children since I was living at home years ago. However, I came upon your site in my effort to find an activity for my activity days girls and was thrilled to see all of the resources you have compiled. My brother is a single parent with two young boys (jr primary age) and is recently coming back to church after being inactive for years. I am so grateful for all of these resources as I have been able to help him find ideas to help his children learn more about the gospel through conference! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Catherine Glazner says
Oh my gosh! This is amazing!! I can’t imagine the work you did to put this all together!! Thank you so much!! I am putting this in my toolbar for sure!! I want ALL these resources!!! again thank you and I am printing them out as we speak for tomorrow!!
Thank you for all the resources. It made a difference yesterday during conference. My kids actually payed attention. I’m hoping today will go as smoothly.
Hi Christen! I’m glad Conference went well yesterday! Here’s hoping the same for today!
Holly (2 Kids and Tired) says
Thanks for the shout-out.
happy to – love your blog 🙂
Thank you for this!
you’re welcome 🙂
Becky Olsen says
Thank you so much for the updates!! I love coming here for all my conference links!
no problem, Becky! hope you found lots of fun stuff to keep your kids busy during conference!
office rubbish removal says
Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!
Debbie Roberts says
Hi, this is Debbie from Food Storage And Beyond. I just wanted to make you aware that my website has moved to FoodStorageAndBeyond.wordpress.com, so the links you have to my conference activities and packets are no longer working (as of March 2015). Just wanted to give you the heads up. The packets are still on the new site though. Thanks for linking to them. 🙂 Hope you enjoy Conference coming up! 🙂
Thanks, Debbie! I’ll get those updated.