Get comfortable because this is the most extensive list of resources and ideas for conference activities for kids out there. (A lot of these can be used for family home evenings as well.)
I’ve pinned as much of this stuff as possible on my General Conference Pinterest board.
Please email me at info at livecrafteat dot com or leave a comment for anything that I’ve missed and I’ll add it to the list. I’ll be updating this every 6 months to keep it as current and robust as possible.
I love General Conference. Each year I really do look forward to the first weekend of April and October respectively to hear the leaders of the LDS church speak. I also love kids. But in all honesty sometimes the combination of these two things makes both miserable. How to entertain kids for 8 hours (not counting 2 hours while my husband is at the Priesthood session) during general conference is no small order. And I only have 2! For some it’s double or triple the work. With this in mind I wanted to create the ultimate resource list of General Conference activities for kids.
I’ve split it into six sections:
- Resources: These are the best online resource sites for conference activities out there. These include posts similar to this one as well as sites dedicated only to entertaining kids during Conference.
- Games/Activity Ideas: A list of game and activity ideas for children including links to pictures and tutorials.
- Booklets and Packets: Browse through this list of the General Conference activity packets and booklets found across the internet.
- Baskets and Kits: Browse through this list of the General Conference baskets and kits.
- General Conference Notebooks
- General Conference Pinterest Boards
***Updated September 29th, 2013 – ALL NEW RESOURCES ARE BOLDED BELOW!***
Best Resources – In No Particular Order
This is the Church’s official resource. It includes on and offline matching games, coloring templates, and even a conference bingo game (“Conference Squares”) for kids to mark off as they hear speakers mention certain Gospel topics or people. In addition to this, I would highly recommend the Church’s article on Preparing Our Children for General Conference – there are some good ideas and thoughts written there.
This is About.com’s section of General Conference children’s activities. They actually have a LONG LIST of printables and activities for the kids to play during General Conference. These games include bingo, flash cards, word searches and much more.
LDS Living has a post from earlier this year that features some creative kids’ activities for Conference from other bloggers in the Mormon blogosphere.
Holly has an amazing list of conference activities for kids including packets, games, post-conference FHE ideas, etc. Even better she has it broken down by topic so it’s easy to jump off to whatever it is you need. Similar to ours she updates every six months.
Mormon Share has a nice list of games and activities that include quizzes, coloring sheets with fact sheets and much more.
This article has a good list of printable games for different age ranges including toddlers up to 14 years old.
Michelle at A Little Tipsy has some very creative ideas including a bracelet and sundae based on what speakers say and even a temple memory game.
Emilie at A Year of FHE has a couple of great lists of 15 Conference activities for kids including kits & packets, a conference journal, bingo, coloring pages and printables.
A great list of resources including treat buckets, LDS Jenga, guessing games and more.
This site contains a great list of resources with a similar breakdown to our list here at Live Craft Eat.
Sugar Doodle, of course, has a long list of General Conference Ideas – from Family Home Evening to Music Time Ideas and everywhere in between.
This site has various activities for General Conference including Crosswords, YW and Activity Day Ideas, and Workbooks.
List of Kids Activities and Games For General Conference
The list below includes games – word searches, bingo, coloring, matching, memory – , activities, educational hints and tips, counsel from authorities on general conference and everything in between.
- General Authority Bingo – 8 different cards as well as printable faces here,
- General Conference Bingo – 12 different bingo boards, LDS Church bingo game, from The Friend, Latter-Day Chatter, Johnson Family, Melonheadz, here, here
- Word Searches – Prophet word search, LDS word search, lots or word searches here, over 50 free LDS word search puzzles here, Prophet & Apostle word search, Joseph Smith word search, For the Strength of Youth word search, LDS Easter word search,
- Fill-in-the Blanks – here
- Dot-to-Dot Activities – various dot to dot printables, here, temple dot-to-dot
- Crossword Puzzles – here, primary song crosswords,
- Prophets & Apostles Matching Games – Prophet cards here, how-to make your own, Apostle Flash Cards, Matching Game or “Go Fish”
- Apostle Identifying & Matching Games – here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here
- Temple Matching Game – here
- Temple Puzzle – here
- Draw The Speaker activity – here
- Temple Matching Game – here
- Coloring Pages – LDS Church, LDS Clipart, A Year of FHE, LDS Coloring Pages, really cute LDS coloring pages, LDS Coloring Book, Mormon Share, October GC Coloring Page, April GC Coloring Page, Easter General Conference coloring page, A Little Tipsy, Autumn Conference Coloring Word Sheet
- Fact sheets – First Presidency & 12 Apostle fact sheets,
- Quizzes – General Conference Trivia Game, Conference Questions Jar, General Conference Questionnaire, Who Am I?, Trivia Game
- Treat Ideas – treat buckets, & picture treat buckets, otter pop idea, candy jars, candy game, Conference M&Ms idea, Treat Bowls, Gatorade Idea, here
- Sundae Game – here
- Bracelet Game – here
- Conference Jenga – Little LDS Ideas,
- Dry Erase Activities – a binder full of ideas here
- Guessing Games – statistical report guessing game and more,
- Mazes – lots of mazes here,
- Lacing Cards here, Creative Homemakers, here, alphabet lacing cards
- Activity Bags – here, here, here, here, here (preschool), here (toddler), nursery-age, here
- Note Taking Templates – for older children,
- Conference Train – build a train when hearing certain words,
- Conference Reverence Tent – here, here, here
- Conference Walls – here, Our Conference Center, here, here, here, here
- Conference Socks – here
- File Folder Games – I Am a Child of God, Little Family Fun, Eternal Families
- Quiet Books – This Little Project, Creative Homemaker, Just Sweet and Simple, Grey Square Designs, Simply Fresh Designs
- Conference Collage – here
- Conference Breakfast ideas – Conference Pancakes
- General Conference Paper Doll Set – here
- Illustrate a Primary Song – here
- General Conference “Snickers & Hugs” – here
- General Conference Countdown – here, here
- General Conference Pillow & Blanket – here & here
- General Conference Magic Carpets – here
- General Conference Door Sign – here
- “C” is for Conference (Conference ideas starting with the letter “C”) – here
- General Conference Easter Egg Hunt – here
- General Conference Spy Glass – here
- General Conference FHE ideas – here
- General Conference Invitations – here
- General Conference Tree – here
- General Conference Apps for Kids – here
- General Conference Folder – here
- Conference Chart – here
- General Conference Motivator – here
- Conference Cash Activity – here
- Fantasy General Conference – here
- Snack Activity – here
- Conference M&M printable – here
General Conference Booklets & Packets For Kids
Fluffy Bunny Feet Designs – General Conference Packets for Primary Kids
I Candy Handmade – a dry erase binder full of ideas
LDS Clipart – General Conference Notebook
The Red Headed Hostess – Note-Taking Packet
Crystal Shares – Conference Pre-school age Journal
Jenny Phillips – Activity Packet for Senior Primary Children
Deseret Book – My Conference Booklet
LDS.org – Conference Notebook
Latter-Day Chatter – General Conference Teaching Sheets & Binder/Packet Covers
Magnify = Simplify – General Conference Packet
Finch Family Games – Conference Activity Book ($1)
Just One Mom Trying – Activity Packet for Nursery
Mormon Cartoonist – General Conference Activity Packet
Book of Mormon Discovery – Learn about President Monson Packet
Confessions of a Slacker Mom – LDS Preschool Curriculum Activities
LDS Bookstore – 2013 General Conference Activity Packet
Sugardoodle – October 2013 General Conference Activity Packet
General Conference Baskets & Kits For Kids
Gluesticks – General Conference Kits
Homemaking Fun – Conference Kits for Kids
YW Believe – General Conference Kit
A Bushel and a Peck – Come Hear a Prophet’s Voice
Blue Skies Ahead – Don’t Let One Minute of Conference Go To “Waste”
Creativity, Musings & Such – Activity Baskets
Johnson Family – Conference Basket Ideas
Inkablinka – General Conference Basket
General Conference Notebooks
Cookie Nut Creations – notebook
Prepared Not Scared – binder cover
Holy Handouts – Primary Conference Notes
A Bushel and a Peck – Conference Journals
Latter-day Chatter – Conference Journal Notebook Cover
BYU Women’s Conference Resources – General Conference Journal
Our Scribbled Walls – General Conference Prep Pack
A Day in My Life – General Conference Journal
All Things Bright & Beautiful – Printable Notebook Tabs
Pinterest Boards With General Conference Activities
- Confessions Of A Slacker Mom
- Connie Smith
- Amy Nielson
- Rhonda Stuart
- Live Craft Eat
- Jocelyn Christensen
- Joy R.
- Sarah Slacker Mom
Let me know in the comments and at (info at livecrafteat dot com) what I’ve missed so I can add it!